I kept working on flowers today, which was really about working on color, line, harmony and contrast. It was a lot to think about and I took several photos of the sketch as I worked on it.
As you can see, it was good that I took a photo of the first sketch before adding background color in the second and then darkening it in the third. The loss of contrast between the flower and the background detracted from the focus and I did not like the second and third versions at all. Eventually I went back to the first photo and imported it into Procreate where I was able to keep working on it until I got a result I like.