Last month in Arizona, I painted the horses that were pastured nearby, but they always looked a little wrong. So today I studied my photos and noticed that horses have longer necks, larger head and thinner legs than the ones I drew.
Then I spent the afternoon finishing up some of the paintings with horses that I started on my Arizona trip last month. I liked this sketch overall, but the original horses were poorly drawn. Now after adjusting the three horses in this sketch to make them better proportioned, I just need to make them less awkward, more relaxed, and more connected to the background.